SyrSpend® SF is an innovative vehicle range for the compounding of oral liquid dosage forms (oral suspending vehicles for compunding) . Based on food starch, SyrSpend® SF’s superior suspending properties provide consistent, individual dosing throughout treatment.
The excellent compatibility with a broad range of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and meticulous ingredient safety make SyrSpend® SF highly suitable for compounding safe and stable customized medication for all patients groups, from neonates to the elderly.
The SyrSpend® SF range of oral suspending vehicles for compounding consists of a ready-to-use liquid vehicle, a preservative-free powder for reconstitution and an alkaline suspending vehicle for acid-unstable APIs.
Benefits of SyrSpend® SF
- Innovative and highly stable suspensions based on modified food starch
- Formulated using only safe and well-tolerated ingredients
- Optimal palatability and taste-masking properties for improved compliance
- Gastrointestinal friendly (osmolality <50 mOsmol/kg)
- Compatibility with a broad range of APIs
- API stability supported by peer-reviewed scientific articles
- Compatible with all enteral feeding tubes
- Compounding bases
Convenient oral suspending vehicles for safe, efficient and high-quality compounding.
Active suspending technology
SyrSpend® SF employs active suspending technology:
- Low viscosity when shaken eases re-homogenization
- High viscosity at rest keeps the API safely suspended
Together, ensuring high dosing accuracy and consistency throughout treatment.
Please visit the free Compounding Matters formulations database for selecting the right SyrSpend® SF vehicle, compounding methods and storage conditions. A full overview of all available API formulations in SyrSpend® SF can be found here.
Click the link below to download the latest compatability table for the SyrSpend® SF range.